The summer days are long and hot and a coffee pick me up is a necessity before you start your day! While the clouds may be starting to appear, our days are still as hot and I’m sure you’ve swapped your morning cappuccino for something a little cooler, like an iced-coffee.
We have gathered together our three favourite iced-coffee recipes that are quick and simple to make on a glorious summers day before work or even as a tasty treat at the weekend! Iced-coffee is so versatile and we have found the perfect recipes to suit your taste, mood and occasion.
Firstly, If you adore the sweeter things in life, then you’re definitely in for treat! This vanilla iced -coffee is perfect for anyone who is dying to try and re-create a typical iced-coffee at home. The vanilla syrup is definitely an exciting alternative to sugar or sweeteners. To save time in the morning, prepare your syrup the night before and use one of our Clear Squeezy Bottles to store your vanilla syrup for when you’re ready to use. To add some flare, pour your creation into our Frappe Latte mug.
- 170 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250ml coffee, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons half and half (milk or cream) or more, depending on your taste!
- To make this tasty syrup, mix the sugar and 250ml of water in a medium saucepan over medium heat and then stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Let this mixture cool completely then add in the vanilla extra. Leave this
- Serve coffee over ice with half and half and simple syrup, to taste.
This coffee milkshake is a unique way to enjoy ice cream this summer! This recipe can be easily changed to suit your taste – swap the vanilla for chocolate ice cream for something even more indulgent! We have plenty of glassware to choose from but we would recommend our Tennessee Drinking Jar - it adds a unique twist to this drink!
- 250ml cold-brewed coffee or chilled strongly brewed coffee
- 4 giant scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
- Optional: 50g grated milk chocolate
- Blend the coffee, vanilla ice cream and 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup together in a blender until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, you can add a couple splashes of milk to loosen it up. If it is too thin, add a little more ice cream and pulse to smooth out.
- Pour the milkshake into one very large or two medium sized glasses.
- Top with a very generous head of whipped cream and drizzle with additional chocolate syrup.
- This bit is optional but highly recommended – add your grated chocolate on top of the whipped cream for an extra chocolatey taste!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
A perfect desert for parties, this Baileys Iced Coffee is a cheeky twist on a desert! This one requires a little more spare time, but when prepared right, it is sure to impress family and friends after a summer’s barbeque. The ultimate party favour!
- 250ml whole/whipping cream
- 118 grams of strong hot coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar (6 grams)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dark chocolate mini chips melted (20g)
- 1 1/2 -2 tablespoons Baileys (22-30g)
- Place glass bowl and beaters in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together hot coffee, sugar and chocolate chips, until smooth, let cool then add Baileys. Refrigerate for approximately 20 minutes.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks appear, slowly add the coffee mixture, stir gently until combined. Refrigerate 30-60 minutes or freeze 15-20 minutes.
- Stir gently before serving, top with whipped or chocolate shavings if desired, or pour in a tall glass with ice. Enjoy!
Want to buy the products featured in this post? Check out our online store at www.hughjordan.com or Pop in to our shop at 1 Chancery Court, Bride St, Dublin 8! We love to see your creations so don’t forget to upload your versions of our iced coffees and tag us on Instagram or Twitter!