Looking for ideas for Christmas drinks for the festive season? Here we have a selection of both hot and cold drinks for you to choose from!
Hot Whiskey are a tradition in Ireland for Christmas time.
• A good Irish whiskey (Jameson or Powers would be good options)
• A heat-proof glass (Our Toughened Columbia Latte is a good option for this!)
• 7/8 cloves
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• Slice of lemon
1. Fill a kettle to boil hot water.
2. Place a metal spoon in a glass to prevent the glass from cracking before pouring boiling water in to pre-heat it. Then empty it out.
3. Cut a slice of lemon, remove the pips and stick some cloves into the fruit.
4. Put a teaspoon of sugar into the glass followed by a shot of Irish whiskey. Give the whiskey and sugar mixture a stir and try to dissolve the lumps.
5. Add boiling water and then stir.
6. Add the lemon and additional cloves (if desired) to the mix.
Pink gin cocktails are a hot trend right now - and they’re simple and delicious to make at home. Garnish with strawberries and mint to create the ultimate posh cocktail.
• Ice Cubes
• 1 measure of Pink Gin
• 2 measures of Prosecco
• Strawberries to garnish
• Fresh Mint to garnish
1. Add Ice Cubes to a balloon glass such as our Ambassador Gin Goblet 19.7oz (56cl).
2. Pour in the pink gin and prosecco and then top up with lemonade.
3. Garnish with strawberries and mint before serving.
Merry Christmas Cocktail
This cocktail recipe literally says "Merry Christmas" and it's a delightful drink that's sure to put you in a festive mood. You'll love how easy it is to mix up; making it a great choice for holiday parties and it's a perfectly refreshing option for dinner. The Merry Christmas cocktail features cranberry, one of the best fruits of the winter season.
• Ice Cubes
• 2 measures of Plymouth Gin
• 2 measures of cranberry juice
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• Club Soda
• Fresh (or dried) cranberries to garnish
1. Pour the gin and juices into a cup filled with ice.
2. Stir to combine.
3. Top with club soda and garnish with a few cranberries.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Christmas Orange Hot Chocolate
Another take on the most wonderful christmas drink of the season!
• 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 cup whole milk
• ¼ cup orange juice
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat milk in a saucepan over high heat.
2. Whisk hot cocoa mix into milk until completely dissolved.
3. Continue whisking for 1 minute, reduce heat to medium, and gradually stir in orange juice.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top and stir.
5. Pour hot chocolate into a mug.
For all the glassware and accessories you shop online at Hugh Jordan!