Brunch is great for those who are late risers but love a good meal to start the day. With brunch anything goes from cereal to sandwichs and everything in between. It doesn't matte what you are in the mood for, because brunch gives you the best of both worlds.
Here is a recipe to one of our favorite Brunch dishes here at Hugh Jordan, Eggs Benedict. Eggs benedict can be made to suit pretty much everyone. You can add ham, spinach, or even portobello mushrooms for the vegetarians out there. You can have your hollandaise sauce smothered all over, on the side or not at all. Want to turn it into an Eggs Florentine? Throw some spinach on there and you are ready to go. This dish is brilliantly versatile and delicious.
Here is our recipe:
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 large free range eggs
- 2 toasted muffins
- 4 slices of parma ham
- Hollandaise sauce (you can buy ready made or make using this recipe
- Bring a deep saucepan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Break the eggs (best at room temperature) into 4 separate coffee cups or ramekins. Split the muffins, toast them and warm some plates.
- Swirl the vinegared water briskly to form a vortex and slide in an egg. It will curl round and set to a neat round shape. Cook for 2-3 mins depending on if you prefer it runny, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Repeat with the other eggs, one at a time, re-swirling the water as you slide in the eggs. Spread some sauce on each muffin, scrunch a slice of ham on top, then top with an egg. Spoon over the remaining hollandaise and serve at once.
And there you have it, the perfect brunch meal! Comment below and let us know waht your favourite brunch meal is!