Summer is only around the corner and we’re looking forward to nothing more than bright & sunny days filled with great company and even better cocktails! Every year, we see a wide range of exciting new cocktails available in our local bars themed for summer and a tasty way to keep us hydrated on those hot, beer garden days. We always find our go-to on these particularly scorching days is general a frozen cocktail and sometimes the only option is the famous strawberry daiquiri! What makes this cocktail so appealing is the simplicity of popping the ingredients into a bar blender, blend and you’re done! With keeping this in mind, we’ve sourced three frozen summer cocktails with a twist that are very easy to make and sure to be a hit on your cocktail menu!
Frozen Sangria Margarita
The perfect boozy cocktail combining the classic sangria and margarita, with a summer frozen spin!
Sangria Swirl: 230ml Red Wine, juice of one orange, juice of one lime, 2 cups crushed ice
Margarita Swirl: 230ml of lime/sugar/water mixture, 2 shots of tequila, 2 cups crushed ice
- Blend sangria mixture. Transfer mixture to the freezer while you blend margarita mixture
- Rinse blender and blend margarita mixture.
- On a small plate combine sugar and salt. Run a wedge of lime around the rim of a your Margarita Coupe Glass and dip in sugar and salt. Alternate layers of sangria and margarita.
- Garnish with lime and serve.
You either love or loathe it but the frozen Pina Colada is sensational when made right and served ice, ice cold!
4oz spiced rum
4oz coconut milk
Fresh pinapple chunks
A splash of pineapple juice
1 Cup Ice
2 cherries to garnish
- Add rum, coconut milk, pineapple chunks and juice into your blender with ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 of your favourite Capri Cocktail glasses.
- Garnish each glass with a pineapple chunk and a cherry. And is it even a Pina Colada without a Party Parasol?
A twist on the classic strawberry daiquiri!
1 x 755ml bottle rosé, chilled
2 cups chopped strawberries
60ml fresh lemon juice
- Using one of our kitchen blenders, combine about half the bottle of rosé, 1 cup strawberries, half the vodka, and half the lemon juice. Add about 2 cups of ice and blend until slushy. If the mixture is too watery, add more ice and blend again.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately in one of our Speakeasy Coupe Glasses and garnish with fresh strawberries.
The bar blender is a staple for the summer months in any bar or hotel! It’s versatile nature means you can create a wide range of cocktails from a variety of ingredients and still make a thirst quenching summer drink - you can shop our bar blenders online at Hugh Jordan here. Are you looking for fresh & funky way to serve your creations? Check out our cocktail glassware online here.