So this week we are following on from our questions and answers from last week with a new round of questions to be answered! You may not understand or know what these things mean but we hope that our answer can help you. Here we are going to take a look at some more of the questions asked about all the different aspects of our business.
Do you only sell to trade customers?
No! We sell to all, both in Ireland and the UK. Our products are available to the public and the trade buyers; however, some of our carton sizes are large and these are more targeted towards trade. We do offer smaller sizes in all products to suit everyone’s needs!
What is a pizza screen for?
Pizza Screens are flat and round and are made of a heat-retardant aluminium mesh. It ensures that there is an even circulation of hot air to flow from underneath the dough to the surface. This allows for a more evenly baked pizza and gives your pizza a crispier crust.
Which knife is used for what?
With such a wide range of knives to choose from in the kitchen it can be difficult to know what the uses are for them all. You can shop our range now but here is a quick guide to some of the everyday knives to use.
- 1. Chefs Knife: The most important knife in the kitchen. This knife can be used for almost all of your cutting tasks in the kitchen. This is why it is a must-have item for every kitchen.
- 2. Santoku Knife: The Santoku knife is a Japanese version of the chef’s knife. It is shorter and thinner and is often used in place of the traditional chef’s knife.
- 3. Utility Knife: The Utility Knife is usually used for cutting food that is too small for a chef’s knife. It is not good for chopping larger items as it has a small tip and narrow blade.
- 4. Boning Knife: The boning knife, as the name suggests, is used for separating meat from the bone, fileting fish and cutting up meat.
- 5. Bread Knife: Bread Knives are used for cutting bread, cakes and sometimes meat. They are designed to saw through the bread without squishing it.
- 6. Paring Knife: For making garnishes for food and drinks, the paring knife is a must-have. A paring knife comes with a thin blade with a pointed tip. It can be used for cutting and peeling fruit and veggies.
What’s better wood or metal pizza peels?
Pizza peels are long handled tools with a flat paddle at the end which is used to deposit and take out pizzas from hot ovens. Wood is a better material to prevent raw pizza dough sticking and provides a more rustic appeal. Metal pizza peels are mostly made from aluminium. They are easy to clean and are easy to use. To answer the question which is better, it is a tie. Both are needed for success. Wooden peels are better for assembling and launching the pizza and the metal peels are better for removing and turning the pizzas.
What colour mop should be used in a kitchen?
Yellow mops should be used in a kitchen or food preparation area. There is four main colours used for separate areas in a business: Red in washrooms and toilets, green in public areas and blue in restaurants and bars and yellow as stated above.
If you any other questions you would like us to answer, feel free to contact us on our social media channels or leave a comment below! You can shop all our products on our Hugh Jordan website now.