When the weather gets increasingly warmer desserts such as warm apple crumble and heated sticky toffee pudding becoming a thing of winter. We have a recipe for Strawberry Ice Soufflé that would be perfect to cool you down any evening.
Ingredients (to serve 4):
- 100g Strawberries
- 1 TBSP Strawberry Syrup
- 2 Egg Whites
- 100g Sugar
- 4 TSP Water
- 10g Butter
- 125g Heavy Whipping Cream
- for the Italian meringue, boil the water and sugar to 118°C / 244°F.
During this time, start to beat the egg whites at a low speed if you are using an electric beater. When the simple syrup is at the right temperature, pour it over the eggs while beating them now very hard, continuing until the meringue cools.
- Crush the strawberries into the strawberry syrup. Beat the heavy cream into a Chantilly. Combine 2/3 of the strawberry puree with the Italian meringue and delicately fold in the Chantilly.
- Using butter, affix a tube of parchment that is about 3 cm – 1 ½ inch taller than the cups, to the inside of the cups. Fill the tube, alternating between the meringue and the strawberry puree. The mixture should be higher than the cup by about 1.5 cm – ¾ inch, held in by the parchment paper.
- Freeze the cups for at least 4 hours. Carefully remove the parchment paper and let the cups come to room temperaturefor about ten minutes before enjoying.