With Christmas just around the corner, what better way to get in the Christmas spirit than with a Christmas cocktail? Recently we held a Cocktail making masterclass in our store in Bride Street to show us how it’s done when it comes to making the perfect Christmas cocktail.
As it turns out, there’s a lot more to making a delicious Christmas cocktail than you would think. At the event, we learned how to make two amazing Christmas cocktails and we didn’t think it was fair to keep the recipes to ourselves so we’ve shared them below so you can make the perfect Christmas cocktail at home.
This cocktail is a great twist on a Whiskey Sour; the sweet vermouth adds a subtle fruity bitterness to the cocktail that counters the sweet caramel taste of Vermouth.
- 5 ml Irish whiskey
- 15ml Sweet Vermouth
- 25ml Lemon juice
- 15ml Sugar syrup
- 15ml Egg whites
- Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker, fill with ice and shake for about 20 seconds.
- Strain the mix into a chilled old fashioned or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon, orange or a cherry on a stick.
This cocktail just screams Christmas; it is a creamy brandy-based cocktail that uses Baileys Irish Cream to capture the spirit of the Christmas season. We think this cocktail is perfect for impressing your guests and the ingredients are quite simple so this cocktail won’t take too long to make for everybody.
- 35ml Brandy
- 20ml Baileys Irish Cream
- 20ml Cream
- Fill a shaker with ice cubes.
- Add the Brandy, Baileys and Cream to the shaker and shake for about 10 seconds.
- Shake the mixture vigorously until the cocktail shaker feels cold.
- Using a strainer, strain the cocktail into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of nutmeg.
- Optional: Add a candy cane on the martini glass for some extra festiveness.
No celebration is complete without a good cocktail, so impress your guests with these two Christmas cocktails this holiday season. If you want the tools to make these amazing cocktails, you can find them online here or in store.
Missed this event? Sign up to our mailing list to find out about future events.